This guitar came together from numerous parts that didn`t really below together! It required a neck fitting for proper scale length, routing bridge cavities on the front and back of the guitar, as well as cutting the pickguard to fit all the components (neck, bridge). We ordered in the Floyd Rose Bridge w/ Stone Tone Sustain Block, all the needed electronic parts, as well as the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Active Pickup Set (which sound great!).
The guitar body was made for a longer scale length, so we had to cut the neck pocket in about 3/4" or so towards the bridge - just so the guitar would intonate properly. After that, we had to cut out the tremolo cavity for the bridge, as well as drill in the pivot posts. Once the routing was done, we could see that the pickguard would also need cutting, as it was a poor fit to start with, and we needed more room around the bridge and neck. All in all, it made a huge mess here but eventually started jiving and looking like an actual guitar.
Once the hardware could be placed, we needed to do our final fitting with the neck (angle/pitch/nut placement). The neck has a steep headstock angle and used a small plastic nut prior. We needed to cut in a wide, flat shelf for the Floyd Rose nut- a challenge as it needs a flat base to sit on (not angled like the headstock). We had just enough material to work with and a shim would take care of the rest.
Once all the components were together, we did a full setup and it turned out quite well! Client seemed happy with the results too... "Hey Jon, I just got my guitar late last night and it’s AMAZING! Thanks for taking the time to put this (project) together for me. I know it couldn’t have been easy to create this stroke of awesome and I really want to say thanks for taking the time to do it right. Thanks for the guitar case too!"